Pages

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas at New Life

This past Sunday we went to our old church's Christmas service.  We got to see a lot of friends we hadn't seen in a long time.  It was fun to show them the baby (bump) and tell them the news that baby's a girl.  I was surprised a lot of people had not found out through Facebook and so many were guessing a boy.

One person that guessed a girl was Nancy.  In fact, she hadn't even known I was pregnant.  She greeted me with, "are you expecting?!"  I am 6+ months so it's quite obvious, but I enjoyed her polite question. :) Then she grasped her hands around my belly and said, "it's a girl?"  She was right.  She was very sweet about the baby and congratulating us, and then we were greeted by some other friends.

As we were leaving, Nancy was greeting newcomers at the door.  Now what I haven't mentioned about Nancy is that she is of American Indian heritage... I believe Iroquois.  She always has on a pair of beaded earrings and loves to share her Indian stories with Greg, who is also part Indian (I believe Navajo and Apache).  Nancy is a warm woman to be around, but what happened next I really had not expected at all.  She gave our little girl an Indian name!  She called her "Singing Dove" and said that she will come out singing.  She also said that our little one will play an instrument.  She predicted that she will be 7 1/2 pounds, 18 inches with Greg's complexion... and possibly blue or green eyes.  I think all of that would be wonderful!  Let's wait and see. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment