Pages

Thursday, October 20, 2011

17 weeks, 5 days

I don't feel like I have too much news to post, but I'm trying to keep consistent. :) Latest baby news... Greg & I sent out our "Gender Reveal" Party evite invitations last night. I am so proud of myself for not waiting until last-minute like I always do (which usually results in no party at all). I am glad we got it on the calendar and people have already RSVP'd - this means I have to follow through and actually plan it now! So... What is a Gender Party, you ask? It's a party where you invite your closest family and friends to find out the gender of your unborn baby right along with you! Usually it is done cutting a cake to reveal pink or blue inside. You ask your ultrasound tech to write the gender on a piece of paper, and then you can take that paper to a friend or bakery to make you the cake, so the secret is only known to them until the cake cutting! Some people have also done a "ballon release" either in a back yard or out of a box. It sounds funny, but if you watch some of them on YouTube they can be real tear-jerking moments.

I have some cool ideas I have scraped up with the help of Pinterest. Want to see some of my "bookmarks" on Pinterest for gender party ideas? Check them out!

We think we are going to have the color theme be pink & orange, our favorite colors & our wedding colors too. Here are some cool photo montages you can click on to see whole party spreads and to get an idea of what they are all about!



In other news, we bought a humidifier since it's been recommended to help with the stuffy/dry nose I kept waking up with. So far it has worked pretty well, so if you or someone you know is pregnant, I'd recommend it. It was a 2-for-1 deal because it seems to have eased Greg's snoring too! Woohoo! Only downside is that I came home to my cool kitchen clock lying on the floor. The 3M tape hook I have up there almost fell off completely, but it was just hanging there downwards... I'm wondering if it got too humid inside! Anyways, I thought it had a pretty cool modern design, and it came in all sorts of colors! We got orange. ;)
Facebook's still in the dark...! We wanted to tell one last friend before posting the video. Easy right? Well, that one friend happens to be our friend who was in Yemen but who just arrived in Ethiopia. We sent this video awaiting his amazement. This is someone who has asked us about children every single time we see him. To my dismay, he replied that his internet connection is too slow out there, but that he'd watch it as soon as he was able. Finally I decided to cut down the 9-minute video to 1 minute and see it that will work! Now just to locate a free night to do that... *cross* your fingers for tomorrow. Tonight's Date Night. :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment