Pages

Monday, October 3, 2011

Welcome! A new blessing & adventure awaits...

Welcome to our first real post!  Today I am 15 weeks and 2 days.  I have known I was pregnant for 77 days (since July 18th).  No, I didn't do the math, one of my pregnancy "tickers" told me all that!

It has been a long journey.  (The 1st trimester seemed to go by a little slower, if you know what I mean.)  I have survived the wait for the 1st appointment, the morning sickness (gag) and now finally... telling all the family!  Greg & I are so happy to have everyone now in-the-know.  We created a "reveal video" that was masked as our "4th Anniversary Yosemite Trip 2011" video.  At the end, we showed some bonus pictures of our life together to throw them off a little and ease them into the surprise/shock/punch-in-the-gut of a picture of a positive pregnancy test.  Here's the video, in case you haven't seen it.

Yosemite Trip Video = Surprise Reveal Video! 


The most exciting part of making this video?  We videotaped each time we showed the video to our parents, siblings & close friends... and now we'll be putting together a compilation video of all our loved ones' reactions! :-D

I used to be a fairly decent blogger back in college.  I wasn't great, but I was regular.  I don't know what happened, but I've tried to start up multiple ones since, and all have dwindled out -- and fast.  I'd like to at some point have a family blog -- and this may well turn into just that -- but for now, it will document this fun & unique time in our life.  The 9 months of the creation of a new life.  I am going to do my very best to stay diligent at making entries in here, no matter how trivial they may seem to me at the moment.  Greg, the baby and I thank you for joining us!  Please feel free to leave comments/questions/thoughts and be a part of this special time in our lives.

The following posts are back-dated to give you a sense of a timeline.  I wish I had started this blog earlier to document our 1st baby journey, but I'm just thankful I am getting it going now!  More than 1/2 of the pregnancy to still document. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment